Work with Us
Shrewsbury International School Hong Kong was conceived and built with an ambitious and singular focus: to provide the very best primary international school education in Hong Kong.
We welcome applications from high calibre candidates wishing to contribute to a prestigious and highly successful educational establishment.
Our staff community is the School’s most important asset. We are committed to providing opportunities for all our staff to further develop their professional skills and knowledge; we value the huge wealth of experience and international teaching perspectives they bring to our collaborative community of learners.
As part of a dynamic and ambitious community, we expect our staff to demonstrate an outstanding level of professionalism and dedication. All our staff must understand the value that our programme of extra curricular activities brings to the school and our students, and that helping students reach their full potential often requires teachers to go above and beyond. It is this level of commitment and personal care that makes our teachers stand out.
In return, our teachers can expect all the benefits of working and living in one of the most exciting cities in the world, which is itself the gateway to experiences and cultures that can be enjoyed around South East Asia.
SAFEGUARDING AND CHILD PROTECTION
Shrewsbury International School Hong Kong is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous child protection and safeguarding checks are undertaken during the recruitment of teachers, teaching assistants, administrative and auxiliary staff. The successful candidate will be required to:
· Attend regular in-house child protection and safeguarding programmes and sign a Code of Conduct;
· Play a leading role in promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all students in the school;
· Report to the Designated or Deputy Safeguarding Lead any concerns they have for the welfare of a student;
· Report to the Designated or Deputy Safeguarding Lead any unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in The School’s Speak Out Policy;
· Keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained.