PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT
Shrewsbury International School Hong Kong (herein referred to as the School) respects Personal Data privacy and is committed to fully implementing and complying with the data protection principles and all relevant provisions under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
This Personal Information Collection Statement (PICS) relates to the handling of Personal Data collected at any point by The School’s Data Protection Policy.
1. From time to time it is necessary for students (or their parents/guardians), visitors and staff members to supply The School with certain Personal Data for school administrative, academic, pastoral purposes and other activities.
2. Personal Data of students (or their parents/guardians), visitors and staff members will be handled by the relevant school staff and will be kept confidential until these are no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected/used.
3. Staff members’ experience and/or teaching qualifications may be made available to relevant School’s stakeholders at the discretion of the school’s Principal (For example, on school websites, social media and for occasional mention or announcements of appointments in newsletters or emails).
4. The School may also disclose some of the data to third parties such as agencies (including the Hong Kong government), service providers and contractors (whether within or outside Hong Kong) appointed by us to undertake some of its academic, pastoral and administrative and alumni functions.
5. The School may use Personal Data (such as name and contact details) to send communications that are relevant to current, future/prospective parents, students and staff, including but not limited to newsletters, updates on school rules, events, co-curricular activities or selected third party service providers. The School will provide an opportunity for data subjects to opt-in to receiving materials which may have a direct marketing component.
6. Apart from the parties listed above, The School will not disclose any Personal Data to any external bodies or organisations unless:
(a) such disclosure is expressly provided for under this Statement;
(b) permitted to do so by the student or his/her parent/guardian; and/or
(c) permitted or required by law.
7. Personal Data may be stored in The School database systems and any such Personal Data provided will form part of the student or the staff member’s official records (as relevant).
8. The School may provide such data to the Shrewsbury Parents’ Association for inclusion in their own activities.
9. The School may place staff members’ and student’s photos, name or school work, activities and accomplishments in various publications, websites, social media sites used by Shrewsbury International School Hong Kong for organisational purposes.
10. Failure to provide the data requested may result in The School being unable to proceed with the purpose for which such data was requested.
11. Data subjects may submit a signed, written request to the School’s Data Protection Officer (email@example.com) to access or to correct Personal Data held by The School (fee for accessing the information will be confirmed at time of application).
Please refer to The School Data Protection Policy, which is available upon request, for more information.
Updated: April 2022
A cookie is a piece of data sent to your device from a website. This means the website can recognise your device if you return to the same website. Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user. A cookie often includes a unique identifier, which is an anonymous number (randomly generated) and is stored on your device. Some expire at the end of your website session; others remain on your computer for longer.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure that they are fast
- analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with our services so that we can make them better
How to Manage Cookies
- You can manage these small files and learn more about them from the article Internet Browser cookies- what they are and how to manage them.
- Learn how to remove cookies set on your device
Cookies used on this Website
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using our website:
First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site.
Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
First party cookies
|CFGLOBALS||Randomly generated URL token||Set by Adobe ColdFusion to help identify a client device to enable the site to maintain user session variables.||30 years|
|CFID||Randomly generated number||Set by Adobe ColdFusion to help identify a client device to enable the site to maintain user session variables||5 minutes|
|CFTOKEN||Randomly generated number||Set by Adobe ColdFusion to help identify a client device to enable the site to maintain user session variables||5 minutes|
|JSESSIONID||Randomly generated||Used by sites written in JSP to maintain an anonymous user session by the server||When user exists browser|
Third party cookies
We use suppliers who may also set cookies on their websites’ on its behalf. The Shrewsbury Hong Kong website does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
|_atuvc||Randomly generated URL token||AddThis social sharing widget||2 years|
|_atuvs||Randomly generated number||AddThis social sharing widget||30 minutes|
|_ga||Randomly generated number||Google Analytics web metrics||2 years|
|_gat||Randomly generated number||Google Analytics web metrics||1 hour|
|_gid||Randomly generated number||Google Analytics web metrics||1 day|
How to Control and Delete Cookies
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our websites, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your machine as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website.
If you wish to view a cookie's code, just open your cookie file in your browser and click on a cookie to open it. You'll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie.
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
To opt-out of third-parties collecting any data about your interaction on our website, please refer to their websites for further information.